Applicants to The DEAR Foundation Switzerland are usually charitable organisations (associations, foundations, institutions etc.), not private individuals or governments. Our statutes do not allow to respond to personal requests for financial support.
The DEAR Foundation Switzerland does not accept unsolicited applications for funding.
Enquiries regarding financial support for projects that are relevant to The DEAR Foundation Switzerland's fields of action, and which meet the eligibility criteria below, can be sent to .
Shortlisted organisations will be invited to submit an application and provided with further information on the process.
Applications that are relevant to The DEAR Foundation Switzerland's fields of action can be sent to our office.
Applying organisations will be required to demonstrate the following:
- A clear plan of action with measurable outcomes targeting one of the following areas: education, health, child protection, women’s rights, economic empowerment, and encouraging peaceful coexistence between religions
- Long-term project sustainability
- Non-governmental status and lawful registration in their country or countries of operation
- A minimum of three years operating as a registered entity
- Audited financial reports for previous two years of operation
- A three-year business plan
What we do not fund:
- Academic research
- Fundraising campaigns and events
- Direct support to individuals
- Political campaigns and advocacy work
- Financial deficits
- Repayment of loans
- Projects in high income countries unless relating to a severely marginalised population
- Projects that primarily serve religious purposes
- Organisations or foundations for redistribution of funds via sub-grants
- Organisations that discriminate by reason of race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or political views